Great is His Love

Praise the Lord, O my soul
all my inmost being, praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits -

Who forgives all your sins
              and heals all your diseases,
   Who redeems your life from the pit
                  and crowns you with love and compassion,
      Who satisfies your desires with good things
                     so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's...

The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
 slow to anger,
abounding in love.

He will not always accuse,
                   nor will He harbor His anger forever;
    He does not treat us as our sins deserve
                        or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
      so GREAT is His love for those who fear Him;
As far as the East is from the West,
      so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:1-5, 8-12

These are the words that I wrote on my chalk wall today. It was one of "those" days that I almost forgot to read my Bible since my baby woke up too early. When he was distracted, I grabbed my Bible and sat down for a few moments and these are the words that I read.

I felt the words wash over my soul and ran to the wall and started scribbling them in large letters. You see, I am apprehensive about a doctor's appointment that I have tomorrow and I needed to be reminded that no matter what happens in my life, God's love and compassion for me is tremendous - and it extends to my children as well.

I've loved the verse that says He has removed our transgressions as far as the East is from the West ever since I realized that the North and South touch. If you are going North and reach the North Pole, there is no place else to go but South! But you can keep going East or West and never "reach" the other. It amazes me that God removes my sin this far from me!

But I needed to see the rest of these verses - That His love and compassion are just as great as His forgiveness - - and I can rest in that.

As a father has compassion on his children,
        so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him;
For He knows how we are formed,
       He remembers that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass,
       he flourishes like a flower of the field;
The wind blows over it and it is gone,
       and its place remembers it no more.

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear Him, and his righteousness with their children's children...
Psalm 103:13-17

4 comments:

joyfully2b4u said...

"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear Him, and his righteousness with their children's children..."
Thanks for reminding me of this promise--perfect verse for today!
Love you! =)

CynthiaJSwenson said...

I'm AMAZED to see the verses you posted today & feel like the Lord is directly speaking to me of His love & forgiveness. After struggling for a few days with fear & condemnation, I am SO GRATEFUL to HIM! Love, Cynthia

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Amen! Great verses to ponder and write on a chalk board! Gail

Tirzah said...

Beautiful post and great reminder of how sweet God's Word is. Visiting from Bless a Blogger. Praying for you. Tirzah

My Instagram