If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart...


 
photo credit


 
If Jesus lived inside my heart,
Would other people know?
Perhaps He'd use all parts of me 
To love and shine and glow...
Jill Roman Lord
 
 
As I read the sweet little book to the children today, I could not help but think of a laundry detergent commercial that I saw on television the other day. Two little boys were playing hide and seek, but the one little boy was glowing so much that the other could not help but find him easily!
 
Of course they were saying that if you use their brand of detergent, your clothing will be this clean...
 
But I just liked the glowing.
 
 It reminded me of this verse:
 
"Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever." Daniel 12:3
 
 
...I'd always try to do what's best.
So someone else might see
That Jesus lives inside my heart
And works through little me!
 
 
I would like to get to that point - - that "Christ would be more and more at home in my heart" (Eph. 3:17) - - so that I would glow. Of course, in order to glow, I have to be connected to the Power Source.
 
Joni Erikson Tada spoke about this on the radio a couple of weeks ago. She talked about the difference between "charging up your batteries" in a short daily connection with God, and being
 plugged in to the power all day.  - -That to truly be in communion with God, we don't just do our minutes of Bible reading, then check it off the to-do list and get on with the day, it is a constant awareness of His presence. Talking to God moment by moment. Thinking on the scriptures read, and also putting them into practice. Allowing Him to so invade my persona that His takes over.
 
...I'll work through you and shine through you
Just like the brightest light.
I'll guide each precious step you take
And help you do what's right.
 
And though I live inside of you,
I'm here for all to see.
When others see your acts of love
They're also seeing Me.

 

"For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves." 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 NLT
 
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16
 
 
 


0 comments:

My Instagram