Happy Mother's Day!


My mom with my three youngest children (taken 2 years ago).

Ever since I was a child, my mother tried to teach us to see other people through the eyes of God. If we saw someone with a disability, she saw an opportunity to tell us that each and every one of us are a special creation, equally loved and cherished by God. She taught us that EVERYONE was valuable - from an unborn baby, to an annoying kid down the block.

The older I get (or more likely, the longer I walk with the Lord), I find that it becomes more and more easy to see the value in people without having to look hard to see it. That's why I meet fantastic women everywhere! At school, playgroup, church, even the grocery store check out line - they are all over the place!

Wonderful working moms and stay-at-home moms; new moms and seasoned moms; structured/organized moms, and fun-on-the-fly moms.

All of my life I have known amazing moms. My grandmothers and aunts. My mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, and my own sisters. My mother's friends who were a good influence when I was a child and who still encourage me even now as Facebook friends. Mothers whom I have taught, and mothers who have taught me. Even a "heart" mother with no children of her own who invested a couple of years into my life as a prayer warrior and mentor.

To my own Mother, and to all of you amazing different kinds of moms out there...


photo credit

2 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Nice post. I like your mom. She has given you many wise lessons. And you may turn them back on to your own children

Confessions of a Martha said...

I hope so! I am certainly trying! I don't know if you have "Mother's Day" in Holland, but I hope that you had a blessed day today as well!

My Instagram