Words Matter Because...

Good Morning, Dear Friends!

I was looking over the comments on my last post and came across this question:

"As for the tooth. Did whoever it belonged to still get a dollar under their pillow or does the tooth actually have to be there for the exchange?"

I am sorry to say that we have a forgetful tooth fairy at our house who sometimes neglects to come even when the tooth is under the pillow!

I actually started to answer in the comments section, but thought of something funny in answer to that question that I thought was worth sharing...

One day the older kids told the little ones that I am the tooth fairy. Since I have a firm "no lying" policy at my house, I said that I am, then decided to play it up. "Haven't you seen me dancing into your room in my fairy costume at night?" I said. My little girl's eyes got big as she began to believe that I was indeed the tooth fairy.

A few days later she came home from school upset. She had told all of her friends that I was the tooth fairy and wanted to know why some of her friends had received a dollar, while she only got 50 cents!

A little laugh at my expense today!


It has been a busy week for me. Monday is always cleaning day (I am sure that you can imagine how messy my house gets when every one is home through the weekend) so I usually post on Tuesdays. Since we had a big storm coming through, I needed to beat the storm and run my errands on Tuesday, posting flyers for my daycare all over the county. Since I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed this week, and don't feel that I am able to put the thought into my writing that I usually prefer - I have something special for you, that I saved for just such an occasion!

Last year my church started a group for those of us who are interested in writing. Sometimes we have "writing challenges" where we have to write on a certain topic for four minutes or something like that. One day the challenge was to finish the thought "Words matter because..." Stan wrote something that I felt was worth sharing and I received his permission to post it here.

"Words matter because you never know who they might touch in a special way; In a way that may inspire, or comfort or maybe just entertain. Words that could remain in someone's heart for a life time. Words that could also bring back a treasured memory or inspire a new adventure."

I liked what he wrote because it kind of sums up why I write. I was just telling my mom today that I write for two reasons:

I write for me - as a way to organize and express my thoughts, to develop more skill with words, to reach out to people since I feel so house-bound most of the time.

I also write for others. Hoping that God can use me. Hoping that others are inspired, comforted, reminded or amused. (To use Stan's words!)

Even if you are not a writer, YOUR words matter, too! Ask God what you can do to honor Him with your words today!

"And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:4,5

0 comments:

My Instagram